Sorry I’ve been a bit quiet on here lately friends. I don’t really have any excuse, but the good news is that I’m back and promise to work harder to bring you more regular updates about love, life and happiness in 2017.
To kick-start this mantra, I thought I’d share my very 2017 thoughts and what I’d like to achieve from the next 12 months. These are definitely NOT resolutions, as we all know that those fail more than we’d like to admit.
These are more words, musings and mindsets that I’d like to focus on:
- Less “Should”: I am officially THE WORST person when it comes to “should’s”. I should do this, I should do that, I should buy that. It achieves nothing, it’s setting me up for failure and leaving me feeling rubbish. So less pressure on imaginary to-do lists and more feeling better about myself.
- More “Relax”: I had this goal last year but it’s one that I continue to struggle with. More relaxing with my loved ones, less “doing” and less screen time. I’ve started getting back into reading and visited my local Vinnie’s to stock up on books over the Xmas holidays.
- More “Peace”: Appreciating what I have and how lucky I am to have a happy and healthy family, Mr Chile, a good job, money in the bank, a lovely home and to live in a safe country. Stop striving for more and better, and less comparing myself to other people.
- More “Simple”: Enjoy the simple things and remember the reasons why I loved travelling. The simple enjoyment of a walk on the beach, no make-up and a good book. Talking to friends. Not spending obscene amounts of money on restaurants, clothes and the latest designer goods to keep up with the Jones’s.
- More “Action”: If I want something done, just do it. Stop expecting other people to help. If there’s something that needs cleaning, just do it. If I want to go somewhere, just go. If I want to eat something, just eat it. Quick and easy. No fuss. Simple.
What are your thoughts on 2017? I’d love to hear what you think of my list.
Love Lou xoxo